Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Dream Team

One of my least favorite Democrats is Bill Richardson. I so despise him that would have considered withhold my support for President Obama. So to my delight Obama didn't pick him as VP candidate last year. And this year, Richardson had to withdraw his nomination of Commerce Secretary because of an on-going investigation about corruption. I was not surprised. This guy was sleazy and opportunistic. He deserved this fall from grace.

Now that Gary Locke from Washington State is nominated, I cannot be happier. Gary was the Governor when I worked at Microsoft in the late 90's. He seems to be an efficient and progressive politician. I remembered several things about him. He landed Microsoft much needed morale support when the company was under attack from the US and EU governments. He also had a ski accident and broke a leg when vacationing in Lake Tahoe. He held many town hall style meetings across the state. I remembered some of his witty answers and he was very firm on his progressive positions. He will be a great Commerce Secretary. It's ironic that Obama nominated one prosecutor of Taiwanese immigrant for this position at first, but ended up with a Chinese American.

I

No comments: